Tomorrow's blaster technology.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pistol Mania!

I haven't had as much time on my hands these days, with school and all that going on. But i still have weekends mostly free, and so I ride bikes and do Nerf mods. At least I have that much of a life.

On to today's topic: Pistol Mania! From left to right: RADS12, Vortex Proton, Firestrike, and Hunter.


And I didn't even get the Kabam in the picture. But that one is basically small. Like as small as physics would allow. It really isn't much more than a Jolt on steroids.

Well, on to the RADS12: It has 12 shots on the front, as you can see, and 4 sets of 3 barrels. It has a lot of things just for show when it comes to reloading, but it can still reload faster than the flywheel blasters. Who cares about automatic and semi-auto? I can reload my own blaster, thank you. It usually works better, too.

On to the Proton... I have been using it to test out the Vortex discs, and I have come to the conclusion that the XLRs are actually worse. Longer range, maybe, but they fly a lot like frisbee golf drivers. The standard discs fly much straighter. Discs in general are a real pain in the first place, since they're very sensitive to wind.

I'll go with the Hunter first: It is extremely accurate, and more powerful than a stock Firestrike, and it also holds more ammo. It is slightly bigger, however, but that really isn't a problem. In fact, the Hunter has space for two hands and a padded mini-stock on the back.

My Firestrike, however, sends the dart flying at 90 feet per second, and classifies itself with the high-power Nerf blasters. But, of course, I have already modified it heavily. It is not quite as accurate as the Hunter, but the Hunter clocks around 30 feet/second.
Who doesn't love a good Firestrike?
The Hunter, having fallen behind my other blasters, might be for sale sometime. But not yet. 

And to answer that pressing question about why the Firestrike was so good, in stock form it really isn't that good. The two darts on the front are very nice, and it is very fruitful to modify because of its massive cylinder and simple power transfer.

Vivé la Nerf!

No comments:

Post a Comment