Tomorrow's blaster technology.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

One-Handers and Behemoths

So recently I've taken the liberty of going big. It certainly makes blasters look more menacing, and with my Rapidstrike, the flywheels make an intimidating sound anyway.

Pinpoint
I have been working on the Pinpoint for over two years now, and recently it has gone through several makeovers. I extended the barrel, added a piece of a Recon to act as a small fragment of a shell, and added a sorely needed bipod. There have been many projects called "nerf sniper" or something of the sort, but they mainly focus on outward appearance. The Pinpoint is engineered almost entirely for performance. It can reach muzzle velocities of over 130 feet per second, and it has unmatched accuracy and stability.



Rapidstrike (Cobra Mk III)
Yes, I did have to try 3 times to make a one-hand automatic blaster that worked properly. It really didn't go well the first two times, with darts melting and motors shaking themselves to death and many other dramatic failures. But now it works, it is remarkably comfortable, it only uses one hand, and it's HUGE.



This blaster and the pinpoint both adapt a lot of technology from archery. The arm cuff on the Cobra III is similar to arm guards used in archery to protect the forearm from the bowstring. This blaster is actually quite heavy, but I can still support its weight with my arm fully extended.

Kingfisher
The Kingfisher, my Retaliator mod, is now a one-hander. It reloads by means of a neck strap/cord, attached to the sliding primer on the top. I also added a string reaching from the end of the handle to the end of the stock (because it looks nice and makes it look a lot bigger). Je vous presentez le Kingfisher.


About what I said earlier in the way of hugeness...


As you can see, my Rapidstrike is big, heavy, and intimidating. It's even more intimidating with a 6-dart clip in it. It has some nice performance, just an accuracy upgrade from stock form, but not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment