Tomorrow's blaster technology.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Getting back up to speed

So, it's been a while since I last made a blog post. First things first, the pinpoint simply doesn't exist anymore. A leak that sprung a few months ago just became too much and the blaster ceased to work, so I scrapped it.
In happier news, my Retaliator mods are going quite well. They're not anything really new, though.

On to what I have invented: the straw-core dart. A straw is inserted into the dart and held in place by a tad of rubber cement. This keeps the dart from warping and makes it fly mostly straight.
Another version of the straw-core had only a small ring of foam and a head on a straw piece. This dart flew extremely straight and was very light, but only went 40 feet or so after being fired above 100 fps. It had very little momentum and a lot of drag. 

Also, I miniaturized my Rapidstrike, and I redid the battery mounting. The result is an Uzi-like blaster with the power of a 12 volt rapidstrike... Well, it is a 12 volt rapidstrike. But with a lithium battery, it is capable of firing without accelerating first. I did this many times when I was ambushed by my brother, and I actually won a few of those rounds. 
It also has a small barrel that is easily removed. The barrel gives it significant accuracy, but without the barrel it just fires a general swarm of darts.

And lastly, I still need to decide between getting a Centurion for its immense plunger, or getting a rampage for its 25-dart clip. Any help deciding would be wonderful. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment