Tomorrow's blaster technology.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

The good old days of regular dart blasters: a blast from the past

I have one modified blaster that fires one modified dart... the Hunter pistol. I decided the GPS and stuff were too expensive for a Nerf blaster, but the blaster still performs amazingly well. The thing is, the dart it uses is about 10 years old. I barely even remember it from back then.


The dart has grooves cut in the back of it that serve as fletching, but stay within the tube that it's fired from. The purple on the back is a foam pad htat sits on the cheekbone and absorbs the kick- which this blaster has a surprising amount of.
This is probably my oldest mod- my brother started it over a year ago.
Anyway, I now have a blster rack in my closet with unique hooks fopr each individual blaster... and a hanging clip for my experimental body armor. I only have 6 blasters up there, and one leaning in a corner waiting for me to make more ammo for it... it needs special darts that have metal nuts inside the heads.
The hunter pistol is accurate to half an inch radius of your target because of the grooves in the dart, so if you ever miss, it's all your fault. So sucks for you... but not the blaster :)
So, as a final word, I'm not leting go of darts. They still have some very practical uses. I'm just trying some non-dart ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment